The conservation efforts of Archipelagos Institute can only be successful when shared with the local communities and the general public. In this regard, documentary videos and films are invaluable tools in depicting the biodiversity of the Aegean, as well as environmental issues both local and global. The films are created for various purposes, including awareness videos for children and the general public, as well as for media (TV and social media). Video production interns take part in a range of projects, collaborating with different scientific teams. Such projects include:
· Creating and editing footage of the various research and conservation projects carried out by Archipelagos teams, by participating in boat-surveys, land surveys and terrestrial biodiversity surveys
· Creating and editing footage of marine wildlife (e.g. dolphins, turtles), using both standard and underwater cameras
· Creating and editing footage of terrestrial wildlife (e.g. birds, reptiles, amphibians and mammals), combining the use of standard digital cameras with wildlife camera traps
· Showcasing the varied marine and terrestrial landscapes of the Aegean Islands
· Assisting members of the research teams with basic filming and editing techniques
· At least one year of college or university studies in the fields of art or science
· Experience in using filming and recording equipment
· High proficiency in video editing software
· Personal portfolio and/or showreel featuring excellent video producing skills (e.g. attention to detail and careful selection of subject)
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· High standard of work
· Fluency in English
· Ability to work both individually and as part of a dynamic, multi-cultural team
· Sincere desire to work towards Archipelagos’ conservation efforts
· Motivation to live in a small island community
A minimum duration of 3 months is highly recommended for all participants, although shorter placements can be tailored to the needs of groups and individuals. Placements can last as long as 12 months.
Archipelagos’ research bases and stations in the eastern Aegean Sea, on the islands of Samos, Lipsi, Ikaria, Leros, Arki, Marathi and Oinousses. Placements may also include working on board of one of our research boats.
Monthly fees of 650 euro include:
Living expenses (shared accommodation, all meals, wi-fi)
Use of equipment & research boats
Transport for working purposes
Greek language lessons
Students and recent graduates are advised to explore possible funding through their universities, by getting in touch with the Finance / International Relations / Placement/ Erasmus+ Offices at their Universities or other relevant grant providing organizations in their region.
*Travelling costs are NOT included and are covered by the participant.
Please submit CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com