Hours per week
20 hours per week
CDP North America, Inc. is seeking a paid Data Analytics Fellow this Fall/Winter to join the North America Reporter Services team to support the creation, development, and maintenance of key data analytics products for our large member base.
The role requires a meticulous individual with strong technical and communication skills. The candidate must be able to come up to speed quickly with CDP's questionnaires and guidance, and apply this information to our products and services.
This can be an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in sharpening product development and management skills, and/or learning more about natural capital disclosure, corporate sustainability, environmental reporting, and what it might be like to work for a non-profit in the sustainability space.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 800 institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us on twitter @CDP to find out more.
· Identify, prepare, and validate data collected from 1000+ corporate responders
· Create data visualizations, reports and dashboards that tell a story
· Analyze company responses and synthesize business intelligence
· Support ad hoc tasks for the team
· Coursework or proven interest in topics in CSR, ESG, and/or sustainability reporting
· Ability to quickly get up to speed on highly technical knowledge
· Understanding or experience with Excel PowerPivot, R-Studio, SPSS, Zoho, Tableau, etc.
· Experience using NVivo or other qualitative analytics software a plus
· Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to share complex analysis with clarity and precision
· Ability to take ideas from inception to implementation
· Enjoy research and finding solutions
· Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
· Attention to detail, process-friendly, and result-oriented
The successful candidate must be able to work legally in the U.S. and be able to commit to working at least 2.5 days per week (20 hours per week) in the New York office (location in Chelsea/Flatiron) on a regular schedule starting October through December 21, 2018 with the possibility of an extension.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send an email with copy of their resume and a cover letter attached outlining their suitability for the role to recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org with " Data Analytics Fellow, Reporter Services" in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.