District of Columbia
J Street is seeking an intern for its development department in our Washington, DC headquarters. This is an ideal internship for applicants who want to gain knowledge about the non-profit and political fundraising world in a fast-paced and highly-engaged advocacy organization. The J Street development department raises the operational budget of J Street and the J Street Education Fund ($8 million per year) as well as the political campaign contributions to congressional candidates through JStreetPAC (over $3.6 million in the 2016 election cycle). Working with the development team allows interns to touch on every aspect of J Street’s work from the communal to the political while learning valuable, transferrable skills in research, database management, and donor relations.
A good applicant should have:
• Undergraduate or recent graduate standing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• An ability to work independently and stay well organized
• Commitment to J Street’s mission
• An ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
• Database experience is preferred but not required
• Experience doing research is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Jewish communal politics is preferring but not required
• Knowledge of the politics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the region is preferred but not required
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing a long-term development project relevant to the intern’s interest
· Researching prospective donors
• Helping the Development Assistant with small-dollar fundraising strategy and analysis
· of J Street’s direct mail program;
· Assisting with donor relations via email and over the phone
• Assisting the Development operations staff on administrative and clerical tasks
· Providing assistance with other tasks as needed
Compensation and Time Commitment
This is an unpaid full or part-time internship. Applicants are considered on a rolling basis.
Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
This is an unpaid full or part-time internship.
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume an cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate your availability and which internship you're applying for in the subject line.