333 East 47th Street
Japan Society is sponsoring a 10-week summer intern program from Monday, June 4th through Thursday, August 9th, 2018 for college and graduate students as well as recent graduates. The program offers part-time unpaid internships that provide a wide range of opportunities for participants to learn about non-profit administration in a cultural institution, obtain job market skills and experience, and gain an appreciation of Japanese history, arts and culture.
The Media & Marketing Department is seeking a Video & Creative Services Summer Intern who will assist with event filming and creating online video/media material. Interns will be able to showcase their creative talent in pre-production to post-production, and maintain Japan Society’s website and social media with an opportunity to learn about Japanese culture.
- Assist in concept design and creative thinking for new and current video series
- Create artwork and graphics to supplement various videos and other materials
- Simple maintenance of YouTube channels and other social media
- Support in the setup and filming of video shoots
- Research data to accompany video for archival purposes
- Handle administrative tasks as needed
- Strong creative thinking with an artistic/design background
- Familiarity with Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media (YouTube, Facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Interest in Japanese culture
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Japanese language and video equipment are a plus
Dates of Summer Internship & Time Commitment:
- June 4th-August 9th, 2018
- Expectation of 16-20 hours per week
- Flexible hours and weekends are a plus
- Work experience at a leading non-profit organization in New York City
- Learn and improve skills with professional creative software
- Gain deeper understanding of Japanese culture through projects and events
- Chance to experience a wide variety of programming from the arts, music, performance, film, language and more
- Work closely with skilled employees and fellow interns
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Video & Creative Services Intern” in email subject line.
While internships are unpaid, Japan Society values its interns and provides the following benefits:
- Free or reduced-priced admission to Japan Society programs;
- Free admission for intern and guest to New York City museums;
- In-service training workshops for interns.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.
Founded in 1907, Japan Society in New York City presents sophisticated, topical and accessible experiences of Japanese art and culture, and facilitates the exchange of ideas, knowledge and innovation between the U.S. and Japan. More than 200 events annually encompass world-class exhibitions, dynamic classical and cutting-edge contemporary performing arts, film premieres and retrospectives, workshops and demonstrations, tastings, family activities, language classes, and a range of high-profile talks and expert panels that present open, critical dialogue on issues of vital importance to the U.S., Japan and East Asia. For more information, visit our website, http://www.japansociety.org.