HOPE Development & Alumni Relations Intern
- Internship posted by Hispanas Organized for Political Equality
Hours per week
634 South Spring Street
HOPE is a non-profit, non-partisan, organization committed to ensuring political and economic parity for Latinas through leadership, advocacy and education to benefit all communities and the status of women.
We are looking for a Development & Alumni Relations Intern to join our team for the Fall Semester.
Individual Donor Strategy
- Participate in the development of fundraising goals, policies and short and long-term strategies.
· Achieve an annual fundraising goal of approximately $80K through major gifts, special events, direct mail, and website/email/social media campaigns.
· Develop and execute a well-designed stewardship plan for various donor levels.
· Develop messaging and strategy for annual renewal mailings, annual HLI Challenge, and other regular outbound written and video solicitations.
· Draft and/or write, edit and produce fundraising and/or marketing material and support materials for specific fundraising activities.
· Help to identify potential funding sources to support internal operations for HOPE.
Alumni Network Development
· Planning, developing, and implementing outreach strategies for the HLI Alumni Network.
· Develop reports to provide updates and data on alumni status.
· Develop communication and mailings procedures to alumni for birthdays, career moves, etc.
· Contribute to the HLI Alumni Network existing online presence through social media outreach and promotions on targeted campaigns.
· Continue to build the HLI Advisory Council and manage annual activities for these chief volunteers for the 2019 term.
· Develop collateral to support all alumni engagement activities and oversee all correspondence for the Associate Director of Operations related to alumni activity (promotions, awards, condolences, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects; proficient in multi-tasking.
· Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and events.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook and other appropriate software.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Fluent in Spanish a plus (not mandatory).
Commitment & Schedule
The intern will report to the HOPE office located at 634 S. Spring Street Suite 920, Los Angeles, CA 90014 cross street 7th Street in downtown Los Angeles. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Schedules are flexible, but interns are expected to commit a minimum of 16 hours/2 days a week.
*Business casual attire and sometimes business professional attire will be required.
This is an unpaid intern position with reimbursement for parking/bus transportation. Opportunity for school credit is available. Access to hope events and activities will be available during the internship term.