Hours per week
Summer and/or Fall, Part or Full Time
50 Broad Street
Title: Development Associate
Start Date: June 2018
Hours: Part or Full Time
Organizational Background: The Coalition for Asian American Children and Families (CACF) is the nation’s only pan-Asian children and families’ advocacy organization bringing together community based organizations as well as youth and parents to fight for equity for Asian Pacific American (APA) children and families. CACF aims to improve the health and well-being of Asian Pacific American children in New York City. Founded in 1986, CACF works to transform the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through fostering collaboration, promoting community leadership, and building a collective voice. CACF is seeking a part-time or full-time Development Associate to support fundraising and development efforts connected to our organization’s mission.
The Development Associate will be involved with supporting CACF’s special events and other development efforts, and will work closely with the Director of Operations and the Co-Executive Directors. This internship position will include responsibilities related to donor cultivation, donor communications, database management, grants tracking, and other projects as needed.
· Assist with special events planning, specifically focusing on securing live and silent auction items, solicitation of journal greetings, tickets sales, and event communications.
· Update CACF’s donor database system to ensure accurate and timely gift receipting, recognition and reporting, while ensuring excellent donor stewardship and record-keeping
· Assist with donor cultivation initiatives
· Undertake prospect research to effectively identify new funding streams and revenue sources
· Help implement resource development strategies aligned with CACF’s strategic development plan
· Support the implementation of a marketing and communications strategy
· Other development projects as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience
· Demonstrated knowledge about the important of fundraising for nonprofit organizations
· Commitment to CACF’s mission, children’s rights, and social justice
· Understanding of Asian Pacific American communities and/or non-profit organizations
● Earning or completed Bachelor’s degree or least 1-2 years related work/internship experience
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to work well within a team environment or independently
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Experience in marketing and communications, along with using social media platforms
· Experience with database systems
We are seeking motivated and responsible college/graduate students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit in development and special events.
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college, if that is an option.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample (2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about CACF, please visit our website at www.cacf.org.