Hours per week
2201 P Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Advocacy Project (AP) is recruiting a under/graduate student to support us in our Washington-DC office. Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager (Karen Delaney), this position provides support for AP's fellowship program. An ideal candidate is interest in promoting human right through story telling and advocacy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and attend school events to Promote AP's fellowship program
- Post job listings and reach out to graduate programs around the country
- Support Fellowship coordinator in selecting candidates
- Schedule interviews and call references
- Manage communication with applicants
- Communicate with AP's international partners to recruit candidates according to their needs
- Help organize a week long skills training for fellows
- Holding or pursuing a Master's or Bachelor's degree
- Strong interest in human rights, international development and related topics
- Ability to work against a deadline and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and creative minded
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, both independently and as a team member
- Previous work experience in Nonprofit organization
- Experience with Human Resources
- Knowledge of WordPress
AP relies heavily on volunteers and interns, and we can promise a supportive and friendly work environment in our Washington office. AP offers a wonderful opportunity to learn about development, peace and human rights. We hire on a rolling basis, and particularly value IT, writing, fundraising and web skills.
This is an unpaid position, with a travel stipend provided.
Check out what our past interns had to say about their experience working at The Advocacy Project!
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter by email to Karen Delaney, Program Manager. List 'Fellowship Assistant' in the subject line of your email.
The Advocacy Project is a equal opportunity employer. We consider all our applicants based on qualification, without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.