Hours per week
594 Dean Street
The John P. & Anne Welsh McNulty Foundation seeks an intern to support the coordination and implementation of programs and special events, outreach and communications for Winter/Spring 2018.
The McNulty Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1985. Through its signature program, the McNulty Prize, and other grant programs focused on leadership development, the foundation inspires, develops and drives leaders to solve the most critical challenges of our time. Learn more at www.mcnultyfound.org.
As an intern, you will play a critical role by supporting both immediate and long-term projects.
This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment dedicated to social change, gain exposure to the philanthropic sector, and contribute to an organization going through a period of growth and expansion.
Programs & Special Events
- support the Program Manager to coordinate planning and smooth implementation of programs and special events, including managing logistics, development of design and marketing materials, and serving as on-site support.
- conduct research for grantee partners or other special projects.
- support the Program Manager and Communications Director in creating and publishing newsletters, blog posts, social media and regularly updating the website.
- monitor and compile press coverage, share key news items with staff, research new and relevant social sector outlets and contacts, and maintain media distribution lists.
- support other communications activities, as needed.
- provide administrative and operational support; carry out special projects as needed.
- manage contact lists, excel spreadsheets, and other documentation that tracks grantees and external contacts and partners.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent logistical, organizational, and project management skills
- The ability to operate efficiently, multitask, manage deadlines and work independently
- Experience with website and marketing platforms (preferred)
- The ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints
- Passion for making a difference; a growth mindset, can-do attitude, versatility, and openness to engaging in a spectrum of work
- A collaborative, independent, curious, and flexible temperament as well as good humor
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and statement of interest with the email subject ‘Foundation Intern’ to email@example.com. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
A modest stipend is available.