PAID Arts Development Internship - spend your summer with KAC!
- Internship posted by Kirkland Arts Center
$1000 + one (1) art class/workshop
Hours per week
620 Market Street
Do you love the arts? Do you want to be part of building a foundation for arts experiences in our community? If you answered “yes”, an internship with Kirkland Arts Center might be a good fit for you!
KAC is looking for a part-time intern to join the Development Team during the summer (mid-June to mid-September). You will be focusing on our annual fundraising event, ARTbeat, happening in late-October. Events take many creative and organized minds to make it successful, and we’ll be looking to our intern to especially support the procurement process of Silent/Live auction items and dessert donations. You’ll also get the benefit of working closely with the Development Director and Development Coordinator, giving you a first-hand look into fundraising strategy, event management, marketing, and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Development Coordinator to manage the procurement of items for annual auction fundraiser – this includes:
- communicating with previous and prospective donating businesses and individuals
- managing donations in our auction software and Google Sheets
- Assist with generating social media and web content for marketing the event
- Other event-related tasks as assigned
There is potential to extend into other areas of Development, based on your interests and department needs, including: grant research, grant writing/reporting, and database management.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You are highly organized and attentive to detail.
- You communicate professionally (via email, phone, in-person) with a variety of constituents, including donors, businesses, staff, and event committee members.
- You are adept at time management; this project will have multiple elements that will need changing levels of attention throughout your internship.
- You are proficient with managing excel/Google sheets; ideally you have other experience with data or event management software or are ready to learn.
- You have a good sense of humor, are open to receiving feedback, and can work flexibly in a dynamic office.
Interns will be awarded a $1000 stipend after successful completion of a 10-12 week internship (unless contracted through a university as a work study student). Interns are also welcomed to take one (1) free class during KAC’s Summer Quarter; preferred class availability is not guaranteed.
You will get to work with a fun, dynamic team in an environment that is fueled by a sincere passion for the arts and community. We also offer limitless coffee and creative inspiration.
KAC is very close to stops along Metro Routes 255 & 234 and is also a short walk from the Kirkland Transit Center which is served by southbound routes 235, 236, 238, and 245 and northbound routes 235, 236, 238, 248, and 540.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
No need to follow up with a phone call.