Hours per week
5-8 hours a day
7 Elements (7e) is an education organization located in the Dominican Republic, Belize, Peru and Haiti. 7e’s mission is to connect students and young professionals to the developing world through service learning opportunities in these locations. As the organization continues to expand and develop new partnerships with universities, communities and other organizations, increasing pressure is put on its internal accounting and administrative systems.
7 Elements is looking for an Accounting/Administrative intern to assist the VP of Administration and Local Business Manager in better managing, monitoring and evaluating the processes of the organization. This internship takes place from June 1 st through the first week of August during the summer of 2018 in the Dominican Republic. This position will include a wide range of important duties.
- Assist with month-end financial reports
- Develop, monitor and evaluate system for tracking and reconciling expenditures
- Manage accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Yearly forecasting efforts and budgeting
- Monthly tracking of physical inventory and technology
- Data entry
- Evaluate current bookkeeping and receipt tracking system
- Reconcile accounting records with VP of Administration
- Document all evaluation and recommendations for current/future 7e administrative and accounting systems
Applicants should be Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting majors with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred for ease of communication with local staff. The Intern must be adaptable and able to work in hot, humid climates.
Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting.
Compensation This is an unpaid internship with transportation, meals and lodging in the Dominican Republic included. Intern will need to cover the costs of a valid passport.
How To Apply
Application due April 1, 2018 – Please include resume, cover letter and any portfolio material that you find relevant to this position.