Hours per week
Social Media Intern
Job Type: Part Time 5-10 hours/week
ABOUT ROOTS TRIBE YOGA
Roots Tribe Yoga (RTY) is a non-profit organization that fosters cultural diversity, unity and mindfulness. We work internationally and focus our work in African nations through working with Peace Corps Volunteers. Through our curriculum, we empower our students to step into their fullest potential, and provide them with the skills and tools they need to create the changes they wish to see within their lives and communities. The RTY Method consists of a unique curriculum which includes asana practice, breathwork, mindfulness and meditation, discussion, creativity, journaling, games and laughter.
We are small, highly collaborative organization seeking a creative Social Media Intern to join our team! We value discipline, positive work morale, dreaming big, and having fun! If you are passionate about children, wellness, and service work, and meet our qualifications we would love to hear from you!
Roots Tribe Yoga is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern to design and implement Roots Tribe Yoga’s social media strategy which will include posting creative and informative content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The intern will be a key member of the RTY team, responsible for creating a strong social media presence using a strategic plan, monitoring progress, and meeting social media goals.
- Create a strategic plan to grow social media presence that aims to increase followers
- Regularly post creative and fresh content that captures voice and spirit of Roots Tribe Yoga
- Monitor social media feeds and evaluate effectiveness in relation to goals
- Collaborate with staff and board members to create platforms to fundraise while promoting Roots Tribe Yoga’s mission
- GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer and social media platform skills
- Highly organized, creative, and passionate about Roots Tribe Yoga’s mission
- A minimum of one year of work experience in social media
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team
RTY is an international organization that is based in Pennsylvania but our team of staff and volunteers work all over the world. The Social Media Intern can be located anywhere in the US but applicants should be comfortable working with the team virtually, communicating regularly, and managing your time independently. Preference will be given to candidates in the Philadelphia area.
This is unpaid internship with an opportunity for growth within Roots Tribe Yoga.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail a resume, brief cover letter, and sample Facebook post for RTY to: email@example.com
Subject: RTY Social Media Intern