Hours per week
3 days a week for 3 or 6 months
104 Grafton Road
Purpose of role:
To support the planning, delivery and development of F&BF’s school workshops, school linking, and teacher training programmes, while gaining experience from an organisation that works with over 5,000 young people in schools every year.
F&BF’s school's programme works to help young people to understand diversity and become more comfortable interacting with people of different faith and belief backgrounds.
Typical tasks include:
- Supporting the delivery of workshops, link days and training in schools
- Supporting the recruitment of volunteer speakers for interfaith workshops
- Participating in programme related planning and development
- Organising and planning events
- Promoting the programmes to new schools
- Observing and evaluating current programmes
- Completing online research around current educational trends
- Providing administrative support
What we are looking for:
- An interest in and passion for interfaith and intercultural dialogue
- A positive, sensitive and inclusive approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Experience of/interest in work with young people
- Excellent organisational skills and solid computer skills
Supervision and support:
The Schools team provide direct supervision, overseeing and providing feedback on tasks. The Volunteer Manager supports interns’ learning and development. Regular interfaith and skills-based training sessions are provided. Join a network of 200 former and current interns.
This voluntary role is for three or six months, three days a week, in our Kentish Town office.
Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
F&BF is a leading interfaith and intercultural charity that builds good relations between people from different backgrounds. We welcome applications from people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures.
- Part Time
- Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
How To Apply
Application closing date: Mon 26 November 2018 at 9am
Assessment day for shortlisted applicants: Thurs 6 Dec 2018
Induction dates: Mon 7 January 2019
Internships finish: Fri 29 March 2019