Administrative Assistant Intern
- Internship posted by Latino Economic Development Center (Washington, DC)
The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to improve the wealth building capacity of low to moderate-income Latinos and other underserved communities in the Washington Metropolitan area through small business development, homeownership counseling and affordable housing preservation.
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant Intern will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Wheaton Office.
· Greet clients and visitors and provide assistance, general information and referral to all inquiries.
· Assist all clients with intakes forms and refer clients to the appropriate staff or the appropriate agency, based on client intake.
· Assist with surveys data collection through email and phone calls.
· Help with phone banking for events.
· Maintain office supplies and complete regular inventory.
· Coordinate with Chief Operating Officer, IT support as needed that may include troubleshooting issues with printers, networks and phone systems.
· Stock items and maintain general cleanliness in common spaces throughout the office (e.g., break room(s); training room, etc.);
· Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
• Must be bilingual - Spanish and English
• Must be detail oriented
• Preferably has some experience managing datasets, working with excel and/or survey platforms
• Excellent communication skills
Stipend: $500 dollars monthly to offset transportation cost.
Commitment: 20 hours per week
How To Apply
Apply: To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.