Internship salary is competitive, based on experience. Research!America also provides a transportation benefit.
Hours per week
241 18th St S
Research!America is the nation's largest non-profit group working to make medical and health research a higher national priority. For more information, visit www.researchamerica.org.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary communications internship in our Arlington, Virginia office. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically 3 month full-time appointments (start and end dates are flexible).
- Assist with basic website content updates
- Assist with content for blog posts and social media accounts
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements
- Write, proofread, fact-check and edit newsletter articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage
- Contribute to analysis of survey data
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs and other events
- Other projects as assigned
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) is required; experience with Web content management systems, blog software and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, Ph.D. candidates or post-doctoral researchers with a science, health, communications, public policy or related degree or degree program.
How To Apply
E-mail résumé, cover letter (including academic status and availability), three writing samples, and three references with contact information by 5:00 pm eastern on Friday, May 25, 2018, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.