Stipend is available based on amount of hours of internship.
Hours per week
At least 25 hours a week
Reports to: Executive Director, Becky Lee
Availability: At least 25 hours per week. Hours can be completed between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday at the DC office.
Position Purpose: The intern will work directly with the Executive Director to assist planning and coordinating Becky's Fund's events, fundraising efforts, and assist in development of marketing materials for our programs. Duties will include: project planning, letter writing, working with vendors, day-of event logistics, coordinating volunteers, drafting press releases, contacting media, message development, community relations outreach, donor development, and fundraising support.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate volunteers to help the day of the event.
- Coordinate vendors – signs, awards, florist, etc.
- Maintain communication with staff and volunteers.
- Work with the event planner to keep on project schedule and budget.
- Organize event mailings and other material.
- Work with staff to develop ideas for media stories and placement of stories.
- Write and distribute media communications, including media releases, calendar listings, media fact sheets, and press kits as needed.
- Maintain records and files related specifically to the media.
- Assist with community relations events including planning, media and spokesperson training.
- Assist with monthly e-newsletter production including copy writing and research.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and work independently.
- Experience working with computerized databases and word processing.
- Experience working with Design Programs such as Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
Becky's Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.