Hours per week
10 hours per week
Fair Trade Campaigns is seeking a highly motivated student or recent graduate to join us in Spring 2019. This is an excellent learning opportunity with a cutting-edge organization working to advance social justice by activating consumers and raising awareness around Fair Trade across the U.S.
Fair Trade Campaigns is dedicated to empowering advocates, developing leaders and mobilizing people around the country to create a better future through Fair Trade. We have helped establish hundreds of Fair Trade Campaigns in the U.S. that are committed to raising awareness about and availability of Fair Trade.
The Programs & Outreach Intern will work directly with the Campus & Community Engagement Manager and the Communications & Programs Manager to support Fair Trade Campaigns’ national programs and strategic outreach.
Duration: January 14 – May 10, 2019
Exact start and end dates are flexible, based on candidate's availability.
- Assist in implementation of digital communications strategy to support engagement with campaigns and stakeholders through social media, newsletters and blog posts
- Maintain updated contact records in Salesforce
- Assist in the research, design and distribution of educational materials and resources
- Conduct outreach to support program promotion, survey collection and other initiatives
- Support planning and execution of annual programs and the 2019 National Conference
- Additional projects as assigned
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong organization skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines independently
- Strong interest in social justice and familiarity with grassroots movements
- Previous experience assisting with program development and/or community outreach preferred
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
Minimum Commitment: Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week at our office in Oakland, CA. Flexible scheduling can be arranged.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit both a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Application deadline is Friday, November 30.