Hours per week
10-30 hours per week, 3 months
1717 Clemens Rd
We Vote is looking for a passionate Digital Organizer intern (unpaid) who would enjoy reaching out to advocacy organizations that need an online voter guide. We Vote has been created by over 100 volunteers, and has the voter guides for several hundred organizations. 2018 is a fascinating year for American politics, and we have openings for motivated, politically savvy outreach organizers. Join us!
What You'll Do
Reach out to advocacy organizations that have voter guides they want to spread in 2018
Give demos of our social voter guide software: https://WeVote.US
Create presentations describing how We Vote can help get voters engaged
Help organizations get started using We Vote
Write "how to" documents for new organizations
About We Vote
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup based in Oakland CA. Our team of volunteers is building cutting edge technology (website + iOS and Android apps) that enables a social voting experience that will touch and mobilize millions of voters leading up to Election Day. Our vision video and the alpha version of our software is at https://WeVote.US. See Twitter @WeVote. We are a combination of two organizations (501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4), with strong momentum and a network of relationships to build upon.
What you’ll gain.
- You’ll gain valuable organizing and business development skills and experience that you can add to your resume.
- There are opportunities for leadership development, and you will expand your personal and professional network.
- A letter of recommendation will be provided to help with your job search.
- You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention.
How To Apply
- This is for a 10-30 hour per week position, remote is ok, but office space also provided
- Has passion for getting out the vote, and supporting everyone’s right to vote. Is strongly in agreement with We Vote’s Core Values.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and oral) with high emotional intelligence.
Please share your resume in PDF format with a brief cover letter sharing why you find this opportunity interesting. Thank you! JoinUs@WeVote.US