Hours per week
at least 20 hours a week
1025 Vermont Avenue, NW
The World Justice Project’s Operations team is seeking a part-time paid intern at the WJP’s office in Washington DC for the time period of November 2018 through May 2019
Responsibilities: The Accounting/Finance intern will handle a wide range of duties. The main responsibilities of this internship include, but are not limited to:
· Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation;
· Reconciling general ledger accounts;
· Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures;
· Assist with audits;
· Balance sheet reconciliation;
· Work with the Finance Manager on yearly forecasting efforts;
· Assist with budgeting;
· Assist with month-end financial reports;
· Data entry; and
· Other office and logistical support duties.
Intern Qualifications: This internship is open to undergraduates and graduate students with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Applicants should be Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting majors with proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position.
Successful applicants will be bright, highly motivated individuals with a strong academic track record and an enthusiastic interest in accounting/finance. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
· Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
· A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Position will require a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 37.5 hours per week.
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and reference information (1-3 reference contact information, past supervisors and employers preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “LAST NAME FIRST NAME ACCOUNTING/FINACE INTERNSHIP”. Please send all application documents at once, preferably in PDF format. This position will remain open until filled. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up directly with candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls please.