$15 per hour
Hours per week
16-20 Hours Per Week, 12 Weeks Minimum
488 Madison Avenue
For 125 years, The Municipal Art Society of New York (MAS) has worked to educate and inspire New Yorkers to engage in the betterment of our city. As one of the city’s oldest nonprofit advocacy organizations, MAS mobilizes diverse allies to focus on issues that affect our city from sidewalk to skyline. Through three core campaign areas, MAS protects New York’s legacy spaces, encourages thoughtful planning and urban design, and fosters inclusive neighborhoods across the five boroughs.
MAS seeks a part-time Development Intern to provide support in the planning and execution of development campaigns, appeals and events throughout the year, including the annual Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Medal Gala. Starts in late January.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s or bachelor’s degree program for the duration of the internship.
The internship will focus on:
- Conducting research for development projects and event planning
- Writing letters and other correspondence
- Contributing to production of reports, presentations, printed materials and webpages
- Liaising with donors and members
- Assisting with logistics associated with meetings and events
- Using and updating the donor database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with a CRM Database
- Experience working with WordPress