Hours per week
15-25 hours per week
1320 Centre Street
The Friends of the Arava Institute is currently seeking a part-time Marketing and Media Relations Fellow to work out of our new offices at 1320 Centre Street in Newton Center, Massachusetts office from June 2018 to August 2018.
The Marketing and Media Relations Fellow is responsible for supporting a public awareness plan that will increase visibility of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies throughout North America, including on college campuses, in local communities, and online.
This is a paid internship at a rate of $11/hr. Interns are asked to work 15-25 hours per week.
- Support communications and marketing initiatives as related to student recruitment and development.
- Lead development and implementation of online marketing content for platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, event website, university career portals, and study abroad websites.
- Pitch local media outlets on upcoming campus and community events
- Complete research projects as necessary to support student recruitment and development efforts.
- Develop compelling content for online and email driven campaigns, newsletters, and audience specific updates.
- Write and edit key communications collateral, including reports, brochures, press releases, and content for the Arava Institute website.
- Current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week for the duration of the summer 2018 term
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with issues affecting Israel, Palestine, and the greater Middle East.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to effectively use WordPress, MailChimp, and InDesign, in addition to online marketing and social media tools.
The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies (Arava Institute) is one of the leading academic programs and research institutes in the Middle East, preparing young leaders from around the world to cooperatively solve the region's transboundary environmental challenges. The Arava Institute's academic programs are accredited by Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. Located on Kibbutz Ketura in the Arava Valley near Eilat, the Institute offers the only program for students of all nationalities, including Israelis, Palestinians, and Jordanians, to study and live together in a unique desert environment.
The Friends of the Arava Institute (FAI) is a US registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Its mission is to support the critical work of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies through public awareness, student recruitment, alumni relations, and fundraising campaigns.
For more information, please visit www.arava.org.
The Marketing and Media Relations Fellow will gain marketable skills and professional experience in public relations, social media, and the nonprofit field while deepening his/her knowledge of strategic communication practices.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing and Media Relations Fellow” in the subject line.