$13-$15 hourly, DOE
Hours per week
28 hours per week, during standard working hours (9AM–6PM). Hours can be flexible to accommodate the intern’s schedule.
CDP North America is seeking an engaging individual for a fast-paced Internship program in its New York City office on its Operations Program.
The intern will be integral to ensuring the spring event season runs smoothly. They will be responsible for continuing existing relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and staff. The intern will also be asked to support a variety of operational tasks, including implementation of CDP’s Operating Model, maintaining calendars, and general organization.
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the global system for companies, cities, states, and regions to measure, disclose, manage and share vital information on their environmental performance. CDP, voted number one climate research provider by investors, works with 650 institutional investors with assets of US$90 trillion and 89 purchasing organizations with a combined annual spend of over US$2.7 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. Since its launch in 2000, CDP has been built on the belief that transparency and accountability drives positive change in the world of business and investment. We have key hubs in London, New York, and Berlin. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
Strategy to Operations
- Support the collaboration and coordination between teams internally for projects and workstreams
- Support the delivery of operational work plans/deliverables (including major projects) and timelines
- Support special/strategic projects including:
- Resource management
- System(s)/process(es) improvements
- Assist with supporting teams on operational planning and other operating model work
- Work with other teams to provide logistical support for CDP NA’s spring events
- Support maintaining the event website(s), including creating discount codes, sending emails, updating content, etc.
- Coordinate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Support the creation of outreach and promotional materials and coordinate outreach schedules
- Draft the Run of Show(s) to review with staff and cover the logistics of the upcoming event(s).
- Maintain/update events calendar and send appropriate notifications to staff with pertinent information surrounding upcoming events.
- Support COO and Events Manager in ad hoc projects with logistics, project management, etc.
- Other ad hoc items
Required Skills and Experience:
We are seeking a highly-driven, meticulous, passionate individual with a proven talent for logistical coordination. You are detail oriented, take initiative, and perform well under pressure. You can effectively identify potential problems and work proactively to solve them. You bring a sense of purpose and excitement to the work that you do and are eager to parlay your passion into actionable results.
- Must be computer literate—aptitude with Microsoft Publisher a plus.
- Outgoing and personable attitude—superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage and follow up via phone and email.
- Excellent English verbal and written competencies
- Strong writing skills, design skills a plus.
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work.
- The ability to spot trends and opportunities as well as focus on details.
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Duration is October 2018 - April 2019.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates should email email@example.com, attaching a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and suitability. Please use the following subject line: “2019 Events and Ops Fellow Application – [First Name Last Name]”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through November 23, 2018 or longer if the position is not yet filled. Early applications encouraged.
- Phone interviews and in-person interviews will start the week of November 26, 2018 and continue until early December 2018.