1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking dynamic, motivated individuals to serve as interns in our Data Department during the summer of 2018.
Like all DREAM staff, the Data & Strategy Interns should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
Please see below for all available opportunities:
- Data and Evaluation Intern
- School Data and Assessment Intern
- Database Intern
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Data and Evaluation Intern:
The Data and Evaluation team is responsible for ensuring the responsible use of outcomes measurement and achievement data to inform practice and demonstrate success. Overall, the Team oversees the organization’s design, implementation, and ongoing functioning of data systems and the analysis and reporting of performance assessments and evaluations
Working with the Data Department, the Data & Evaluation Intern will be able to apply and strengthen their skill sets, while also gaining insight on evaluation methods specific to both the education and non-profit sectors. See below for responsibilities:
- Support the Data Department with special projects;
- Perform medium-sized data & survey entry tasks;
- Work within Apricot database;
- Prepare and store organizational data;
- Drives toward action and results by entering massive quantities of data quickly and error-free within the contours assigned by Evaluation staff;
- Adapts to change by focusing efforts on highest priority tasks and maintaining focus and drive across different projects;
- Works smart on research projects that will be used either in programs or to drive program decision-making.
II. School Data and Assessment Intern:
The internship will also provide exposure and access to DREAM’s Summer Institute professional development opportunities, which will expand their knowledge of the education sector. See below for responsibilities:
- Create reports and visualizations to display student achievement data, teacher performance, and other key performance indicators, including end of year compliance reporting;
- Migrate longitudinal data into our new student information system;
- Support key data processes related to registration and enrollment for the 2018-19 school year;
- Generate end of year teacher reports and dashboards to supporting the implementation of DREAM’s Teacher Career Pathway, a ground-breaking approach to identifying and developing great teachers;
- Support end of year assessment administration and other instructional operations projects related to assessment creation.
III. Database Intern:
See below for responsibilities:
- Work with Salesforce database and support in assigned projects – Data Cleaning, etc.;
- Perform data and check entry tasks;
- Evaluate data consistency with frequent data importing and identify opportunities for improvement within database;
- Maintain and store organizational data and update team’s shared reports and dashboards;
- Assist with research for solutions needed across fundraising and communication teams;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student at 4-year accredited institution;
- Strong attention to details and excel experience;
- Strong technical skills including fluency with Microsoft Excel (proficiency with vlookup, countif, pivot tables, charts preferred);
- Interest in data management and relational databases;
- Previous database experience or coursework would be a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to commit to a consistent schedule;
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
25-40 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Unpaid but course credit or volunteer arrangements are available.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/data-and-strategy-summer-interns-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa