US Fish and Wildlife Service - Communications and Digital Media Specialist (Paid)
- Internship posted by Hispanic Access Foundation
$400 per week
Hours per week
40 hours a week
Fishing and Aquatic Conservation (FAC) is a national program of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service comprised of a network of conservation professionals employed in highly specialized fields such as ecology, statistics, physiology, aquaculture, virology, education and outreach.The intern will be located in the Communications and partnership branch of FAC in Falls Church Virginia and work primarily on website transition to a Content Management System (CMS) platform as well as design of other communications products.
- The intern’s primary project will be the update and revision of the program website content and design. This requires a working knowledge of basic html language, website content management systems, wordpress, in design, photoshop, and video editing for digital platforms.
- Good communications skills a plus to assist subject matter experts in developing appropriate web content from more complex documents.
- The intern should have an interest in learning about the work of the Fish and Wildlife Service to understand the subject matter through research and training.
- A secondary project will be developing an image management protocol and setting up an image library for staff use.
- Internship deliverables include revised Fish and Aquatic Conservation webpage revisions (approx. 900 pages), this will include managing and creating photo displays, videos with key messages, and other graphics as needed. As time allows additional graphic and written products may be requested.
- The intern’s major should preferably be a Masters or Bachelors degree in marketing, web design, Communications, visual/graphic arts, Journalism, social or digital media, or other creative field with a digital focus. If a bachelors student must be at junior or senior level.
- They should have solid skills in digital and graphic software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, and Dreamweaver as well as working knowledge of HTML.
- Intern should be a self starter, work well independently, have good interpersonal skills and enjoy the outdoors.
- A love of fishing a plus.
Housing and transportation stipends provided as well
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a brief statement of interest to Rodrigo Otárola y Bentín - Program Coordinator: email@example.com