Hours per week
Minimum requirement: 20 hours of work per week and three-month commitment.
One Whitehall Street
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED INTERNS, INTERESTED IN PURSUING A HUMANITARIAN CAREER
An important member of the Digital Marketing team, the Digital Intern will be assisting our Digital Strategist and other team members. The training program will be focused upon understanding the competitor landscape, building digital partnerships and ensuring donor satisfaction. These are key pillars to a successful career in online marketing for a nonprofit organization and you will receive mentor-ship from a seasoned professional in the sector.
- Digital Partnerships: Conduct online research of blogs and websites who may be interested in becoming Action Against Hunger ambassadors. Compile spreadsheet of potential ambassadors and assist in outreach. An ambassador is a person or organization who will commit to sharing information about our work to generate brand awareness and new supporters.
- Competitor Research: Research digital campaigns of competitor organizations and present findings and best practices to the digital team.
- Donor Engagement: Support the team in stewarding digital supporters.
- While this is an unpaid internship, the intern will receive lunch reimbursement up to $10 a day, as well as a monthly MTA MetroCard for travel to and from the office.
- We can work with the chosen intern’s institution to provide academic credit.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be current or recent undergraduate student, preferably studying digital marketing, marketing, business or international relations.
- Highly driven with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for research as well as disseminating results and following through on findings.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Comfortable interacting with people of all ages and nationalities, and providing information concisely and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, and desire to be a team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if not a U.S. citizen.
- Previous administrative or design experience a plus.
How To Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter through the link.