8200 International Blvd.
Reports To: Administrative Manager
EOYDC’s Admin Department the first point of contact between clients, the general public and the East Oakland Youth Development Center. Under the direction of the Administrative Manager and Administrative Assistant, Admin Interns will support key administrative activities at the front desk and in support of program and executive staff, to include answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, organizing documents, drafting and copying documents, etc.
As a part of this work-based learning program, Admin Interns will also be expected to participate in Pathway to College & Career workshops, coaching/mentorship sessions, and community service events/activities. Interns will also be required to complete assignments designed to facilitate personal and professional development.
- Receive and route all incoming telephone calls and messages
- Receive and distribute mail; prepare outgoing mail
- Fax outgoing information; route incoming faxes
- Maintain stock of admin forms (i.e. PTO Request, Facility Request, Reimbursement, etc.)
- Draft and type general correspondence (i.e. flyers, brochures, forms, thank you cards, etc.)
- Support admin supply inventory management
- Maintain all EOYDC publications/general information at “Hello”/in the front lobby
Perform additional duties, such as program/department administrative tasks, reflection assignments and other tasks, as requested by the Administrative Manager/Administrative Assistant/Executive Team.
This is a part-time, temporary internship (through June 2019), with the possibility of renewal for the summer upon review at the end of the fall. Admin Interns are eligible for a total stipend amount of $6,000, to be distributed upon the successful completion of required milestones throughout the period.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
To apply, you must:
- Be between 17 – 24 years of age
- Be enrolled and actively attending high school or college (at least 6 units)
- Have a desire and ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate strong character and professionalism
- Commit to 20-25 service hours per week, with a consistent schedule
The following qualifications are an additional plus:
- Previous employment with EOYDC
- Participation in EOYDC’s Pathway to College and Careers Program
- Fluency in more than one language
Please submit the following documents to Alma@eoydc.org with subject line “Admin Intern Application”
- Cover letter
The East Oakland Youth Development Center (EOYDC) develops the social and leadership capacities of youth and young adults (ages 5 – 24) so that they are prepared for employment, higher education, and leadership opportunities. Celebrating 40 years of groundbreaking programming and successful alumni, EOYDC is nationally recognized, aligned to building healthy community outcomes and poised to lead in bold new ways. Following completion of a strategic review, EOYDC launched a $11.5 million Capital Campaign to renovate its building and expand its campus. EOYDC’s $2.8 million annual budget supports a team of visionary leaders who empower participants to lead exemplary lives and positively contribute to society.
EOYDC is a trauma-informed care organization. Trauma-informed care is a systemic approach to service delivery that that involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of trauma. At EOYDC we recognize the widespread impact of trauma in our community, and strive to implement practices, policies, settings, and procedures that:
1. Recognizes the widespread impact of trauma and reflects potential paths for recovery.
2. Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in participants, families, staff, and others.
3. Resists re-traumatization of participants & staff.
4. Leads with compassion, support, and understanding.
5. Focuses on developing coping strategies and correcting behavior vs. being punitive.
EOYDC provides equal opportunities to all employees/interns and applicants for employment/internships without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EOYDC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply
Please submit the following documents to Administrative Manager with subject line “Admin Intern Application”
- Cover letter