Hours per week
10 - 12 hours per week
705 Front Street
What makes this opportunity awesome:
You will learn about all the behind the scenes work that makes museum field trips possible. You
will get to design activities that thousands of students will be participating in during the school
year. You will also get to engage with youth across the County in various projects, activities and
summer group visits.
The Youth Programs Intern assists in researching, planning, designing and collaborating on
creative and participatory activities and programs for our cultural festivals and school
programs. This position is geared to work best for someone interested in education, museum
programs and community engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in brainstorming, planning, researching program activities for school groups.
- Prepping materials for 2017-2018 school year, including designing creative projects for our Fall exhibitions.
- Leading summer field trips for youth.
- Assembling handbooks and planning for Fall Docent Training.
- Work collaboratively with engagement interns and staff.
- Actively and enthusiastically represent the Museum in the community.
You’re a great fit for this position if you:
- ...are a self-driven individual who is creatively ambitious and committed to community engagement.
- You are enthusiastic, hardworking with excellent organization and communication skills.
- You are eager to engage with the community, learn about museum programming, take on a leadership role and creatively develop new ideas inline with our goals.
- You have experience teaching or working with youth.
- You are fluent in Spanish (preferred but not required).