Hours per week
Do you care about animal exploitation, cruelty and protections? Be a part of the movement to build a more humane world for animals through outreach and grassroots action.
Lady Freethinker, a nonprofit media organization with well over half a million site visits per month, seeks a campaign assistant who wants to make a difference in the lives of animals.
- Contacting petition targets (law enforcement, politicians, etc.) to inform them of new LFT petitions
- Researching the latest LFT petition topics to learn status/updates
- Following up on cases with upcoming votes, court dates, etc. to learn of updates
- Helping maintain a spreadsheet to record petition name, target contact information, date contacted and status.
- For key issues, drafting compelling, professional letters to targets to implore them to take the petition’s stated action (support a law to protect animals, etc.)
- When a petition gains progress or results in a victory, draft a brief, 2 to 3 paragraph update to post on the website
This is a remote internship requiring 10 to 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but work will always occur on the same, agreed-upon days each week.