Hours per week
20-40 Hours per week
1625 Massachutsetts Ave. NW
Vital Voices is seeking undergraduate interns to support the work of the Finance and Administration team. This team manages office operations and financial activities within the organization including weekly payment requests, procurement, grant management, accounting, and much more. The Finance and Administration Intern will directly assist the office and finance coordinator, the Controller, and the VP of Finance and Administration with a wide range of projects related to the Finance and Administration team.
The internship requires an ideal commitment of 20 to 40 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship, though Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit. We strive to provide an enriching internship experience, including brown bag sessions and technical trainings as well as exposure to administrative policies and procedures and financial management and accounting system exposure. Applications are accepted for fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Assist with logistics and office administration
- Support in managing the office budget
- Assist in creating weekly payment requests
- Assist with monthly credit card reconciliations
- Support Controller with accounting tasks such as routine journal entries
- Research projects to improve companywide processes
- Potential support with companywide events
- Other administrative tasks as necessary
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate degree program with an interest in global women’s development and advocacy and business, accounting, finance or related field
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Suite)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Be proficient in multitasking such as answering phone calls, welcoming guests and monitoring reception area
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities
How To Apply
Please e-mail the following to HR@vitalvoices.org using “Admin/Finance Internship– YOUR FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
- A cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time) and expected start and end date
- One reference with contact information
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls, please.