1331 F Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is the only global not-for-profit advocacy organization specifically dedicated to expanding the economic opportunities and advancements of the LGBT business community. Seeing new opportunities for community advocacy, specifically in the economic arena, NGLCC was founded in 2002 as the exclusive organization for certification as an LGBT-owned business enterprise (LGBTBE®). NGLCC is the direct link between Corporate America and LGBT businesses and entrepreneurs.
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities.
- Corporate Relations & Supplier Diversity
- Digital Media & Communications
- Events & Experience
- Operations & Strategic Initiatives
While working at the NGLCC, the intern will assist with:
- Assist in drafting correspondence to an international/national audience (key stakeholders, affiliates, constituents, press)
- Participate in webinars and education events on behalf of NGLCC
- Attend external meetings on behalf of NGLCC
- Research and monitor current affairs as they relate to global LGBT rights
- Any and all events that NGLCC will be hosting
- Office administration (answering phones, preparing and collecting packages)
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university
- Ability to take initiative and work alone when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in a cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, completed application, and a brief writing sample (approximately 2-3 pages), and hours of availability to the Internship Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
NGLCC provides internships on a semester basis – if your school uses a different time format, contact us, and we will discuss further provisions. Please indicate whether or not you are eligible to receive academic credit for your internship.
To learn more and download the application document, please visit: http://www.nglcc.org/who-we-are/careers