Hours per week
8 - 10 per week for 10 months
The Assistant Artistic Director will perform the functions outlined below:
- Assist the Artistic Director in leading discussions, team-building exercises, and theatre-based workshops for small and large groups of teenagers
- Assist in creative development of scenes to be included in the original musical theater production
- Help to manage the program’s operation by performing some administrative duties as assigned by Artistic Director and Operations Manager
The Ideal Candidate…
- Will have a strong background in theater, primarily as a Director and/or Actor
- Enjoys working with youth of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Is energetic and passionate about the empowerment of teenagers
- Is both attuned and committed to social change
- Can easily work on one's own initiative yet be a team player
- Will commit to the Possibility Project process and follow it’s curriculum
- Has the ability to be highly organized, to work hard, manage multiple tasks, develop ideas, and create strong relationships
Timeline, Scheduling, and Other:
- We are looking for Interns for our Foster Care Program.
- The Assistant Artistic Director Intern should expect to commit to 8 -10 hours per week to The Possibility Project.
- Course credit can be coordinated through the candidate’s college or university if requested.
The intern will be expected to attend the following events:
- All rehearsals Tuesdays and Thursdays: 4:30pm-7:30pm (April 2018 – November 2018, except holidays)
- Production Team meetings: Fridays 5:00pm-7:00pm (April – November)
- Production Team Retreat Weekend: June 22 – 24, 2018
- Tech rehearsals and all premiere performances: September 24 – 29, 2018
For more information about The Possibility Project, visit www.the-possibility-project.org.
This internship is unpaid. Course credit can be coordinated through the candidate’s college or university if requested.
How To Apply
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Assistant Artistic Director in subject line.
- Cover letter indicating what you hope to gain from an internship with The Possibility Project, which program you are applying for and what you feel you can contribute to the program and the youth involved.
- Resume including involvement in youth-centered programs and directorial/acting experience.