Hours per week
We are looking for a Social Media and Communications Intern to help the organization for Women and Development make a difference in lives of women and children in West Africa.
The Social Media Intern will help bring our work to the attention of a wider audience in the United States and Africa through the strategic use of social media and other online platforms. S/he will assist in our communications work.
S/he will be responsible for initiating, coordinating and executing OFED’s social media strategy.
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape. The intern will be responsible for monitoring and posting on blogs and social platforms, participating in online outreach and promotion, and updating our website.
· Work with the staff to create and implement campaigns
· Increase the number of followers on social media by following and engaging with potential donors and other supporters.
· Monitor and maintain the OFED Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts, and identify other social media platforms where OFED should be engaged
· Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
· Create engaging blog and social media content
· Assist in the targeted distribution of press releases and media alerts
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
· Experience with social media analytics
· Basic knowledge of Photoshop
· Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
Place of work: Remote.
This is an unpaid part-time working position that offers the opportunity to develop expertise in social media and to learn about the lives of women and children in Africa
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please visit our website at: www.ofedinternational.org