Winter 2018-2019 Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) Communications Internship
- Internship posted by PEN America
Hours per week
Minimum 15 hours/week
The Artists at Risk Connection (ARC) is seeking a Communications intern, available to start January 2018, who is passionate about human rights, artistic expression, and serving artists at risk and the organizations that support them. Their responsibilities will span from social media, website development, program external communications and brand building. Applications will be reviewed on rolling bases. Deadline for application is November 30, 2018.
- Drafting and/or editing press releases, social media and web content, and drafting quarterly newsletter
- Drafting social media text and graphics for Facebook and Twitter
- Compiling social media and web analytics reports
- Assisting with research and outreach to identify and expand the network of organizations assisting artists-at-risk;
- Supporting work to identify sources of assistance for artists and development and maintenance of a database inventory of these resources;
- Researching and monitoring issues and cases concerning the repression of artistic expression worldwide.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Knowledge of and interest in global free expression and artistic freedom issues;
- Professional demeanor and the ability to work independently
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to work quickly, stay highly organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluency in internet and social media technology
- Interest in learning new skills and the flexibility to pitch in when needed
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic or other languages a big plus.
A commitment of a minimum of 20 hours per week is required. Internships last from three-six months, with opportunities for longer engagements for interested candidates. This is an unpaid position, though interns who work at least 15 hours a week are eligible for a local travel stipend. PEN internships are also eligible for college credit.
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample (both one-page maximum) to email@example.com (subject line: ARC Communications Internship – Winter 2018-2019).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.