Teen Center Program Manager! *Free Housing and Food* - Peru
- Internship posted by The Light and Leadership Initiative -- Huaycan, Peru
Hours per week
Teen Center Program Manager
Looking to gain experience in the non-profit world? Want to volunteer abroad?
The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI) is offering a unique and incredible opportunity to the right individual. We are seeking a Teen Center Program Manager for our program headquarters in Huaycan, Peru, a developing community on the outskirts of Lima, Peru.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work in a team or independently
- Be able to adapt to new situations and living environments
- Enjoy working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have demonstrated leadership experience and skills
- Enjoy working with teens
- Previous experience living abroad is a plus
- Commit at least 12 months to interning with LLI + training time (at least 2 weeks)
- Have an interest in working with a grassroots nonprofit and making a difference
The Teen Center Program Manager position consists of the following responsibilities:
- Work in the office to brainstorm ideas, organize the program, schedule meetings with local and international volunteers, and carry out any other behind-the-scenes work needed to ensure the success of the program
- Work at the Teen Center reception desk, signing teens in/out of the center, inputting daily attendance data, checking in/out library books, etc.
- Work in the Teen Center to promote the program and encourage teens to get involved
- Run the day-to-day operations of the Teen Center
- Plan special events on a weekly basis
- Run some Saturday events at the Teen Center (either lead the event or introduce the volunteer running the event)
- Help plan for future TC events/programs
- Contribute in weekly management meetings
Work directly with teen youth and local and international staff and volunteers in one the best environments possible!
This position requires an advanced Spanish speaking level, interest in working in youth development, and a 12 month commitment in exchange for free room and board
Free room and board (including three meals a day) provided.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lara DeVries, Executive Director, at Lara@lightandleadership.org. Subject line should state "Teen Center Program Manager".
Please only apply if you can meet the language and time commitment.
Start date: August 2018 until August 2019. Contact us for more information.