Program Development Intern - 2019 Peru
- Internship posted by The Light and Leadership Initiative -- Huaycán, Perú
Are you seeking out an opportunity to help others, but also offer an opportunity to grow professionally? Do you have an interest in issues regarding education and volunteering abroad? If so, this might just be what you've been looking for!
The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI) is a grassroots nonprofit in search of a program development intern for our program headquarters in Huaycan, Peru, a developing community on the outskirts of Lima, Peru.
This position has a great mix of opportunities: recruit and develop our ethical volunteering program, work within all three of our major education programs on special projects, and work directly with our program participants!
The ideal candidate should:
• Be able to work in a team or independently
• Be able to adapt to new situations and living environments
• Enjoy working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
• Be an excellent problem solver, especially with cross-cultural situations
• Enjoy organization--we need someone who likes to help with occasional admin projects and who can set deadlines and meet them
• Have advanced English skills. At least intermediate Spanish skills a plus, but not required.
• Commit 12 months to interning with LLI + training time (at least 2 weeks)
• Have an interest in working with a grassroots nonprofit and making a difference
Volunteer Program Recruitment & Development (40%):
- Review applications
- Help potential volunteers through the application steps
- Handle communications between potential and incoming volunteers and LLI, including email, Skype, and maintaining volunteer postings
- Provide orientation to incoming volunteers
- Update/write new documents for international volunteers
- Coordinate activities with the On-site Volunteer Coordinator
- Prepare incoming volunteers with pre-arrival resources
- Manage LLI's profile/postings on recruitment platforms
- Manage volunteers' weekly schedules
- Contribute in weekly management meetings
Direct Program Support (30%):
- Work at the front desk within the Children's, Teen's and Women's programs
- Potential to teach a class/tutor in a field you qualify for (English, Chess, Sports, etc)
Admin/Education Support (30%):
- Work on special development projects assisting program managers and the Managing Director. Examples include: assisting with survey creation and analysis, assisting with planning of parent meetings, etc.
- Assist parents with program registration (if Spanish skills are possessed)
- Help with admin support using Salesforce (basic training provided)
- Provide demographic reports when necessary to Managing Director and Exec. Director
Gain experience in what it takes to run an ethical volunteering program within a grassroots non-profit and get hands on experience within our education programs as well... we think it's a win-win!
Advanced English is required; any Spanish is a plus.
12 month commitment required in exchange for free room and board.
Free room and board (including three meals a day) provided.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Elisa Vescovi (Volunteer Communications Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should state "Program Development Intern".
Please only apply if you can meet the language and time commitment.
Start date August 2019. Contact us for more information.