Hours per week
10-15 hours per week
220 Northwest 8th Avenue
Bridging Our Divide
As a nation, we're being split apart by an inability to communicate and see common ground. There’s a growing sense of division and contempt fueled by partisanship, social media, and geographic separation. We need to work together to improve communication between people with different ideologies and different visions of America, because our core values overlap more than they differ and we are all at risk when divided and outraged. Bridging Our Divide is addressing the division and polarization in our country by hosting conversations and fostering productive dialogue. We host Community Dialogue Events and Common Ground Debates in various cities around the United States.
Bridging Our Divide is looking to grow its base of donors that are committed to our mission and improving our outreach into different communities. As the Events and Fundraising Intern, you will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors and will play an integral role in developing and updating our partnerships, grant resources, event coordination, and online presence. This is an ideal position for someone with interest in and experience with one or more of the following: non-profit fundraising, grant writing, management of organizational or business social media, and website development. This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their development and outreach skills and experience in the non-profit sector.
- Research and prospect partnerships with businesses, organizations, and influential individuals
- Identify grants and write proposals and letters of inquiry
- Assist with outreach and planning for Community Dialogue Events in various cities, including coordinating with local partners and local businesses
- Assist with promotion of Community Dialogue Events and Common Ground Debates
- Identify local hosts and venues for future events
- Assist with social media outreach and updating of the Bridging Our Divide website
- Analyze and synthesize key performance data to identify opportunities and solutions that map to organizational needs
- Assist in writing outreach messaging
- Assist in the completion of written communication to partners/donors and maintain ongoing communication with supporters
- Highly organized individual with an aptitude for working in a start-up environment. This means being able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high-level responsibilities to tedious tasks.
- Strong research and writing skills are a must
- Experience with Twitter and Facebook are preferred
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel are required
- 10-15 hours per week
- Flexible hours / schedule
- This position is a remote role with regular video or in-person meetings with the executive director and board of directors members
How To Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to shiloh *at* bridgingourdivide.org