Prevailing minimum wage
Hours per week
Up to 15 hours/week
Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has unlocked the limitless potential of 1.8 million New York City children from low-income communities. Each year, thousands of children enjoy outdoor summer adventures through visits with volunteer host families along the East Coast and in Southern Canada, and at The Fund’s five overnight camps in Fishkill, NY. Fresh Air children also participate in year-round leadership and educational programs.
The Fresh Air Fund is recruiting new members for our Community Outreach Operations Team!
This internship starts at a maximum of 20 hours per week which can include evenings and weekends. Internships are scheduled to begin in Fall 2018 and end in mid-May 2019. Extensions through August may be possible, depending on performance and departmental need.
Operations Interns work directly with our Director of Support Services & Child Registration. They help with all aspects of the application processes including communicating with and assisting NYC parents to complete child applications, reviewing child applications, answering phone calls, and assisting with walk-in registration. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with application review and processing
- Managing a high volume of phone calls regarding summer programs, the application process, and child application status
- Communicating with and assisting parents to complete applications
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with public speaking and presentations
- Comfort speaking and meeting with families and professionals alike
- Patient and friendly, with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong computer skills
- Previous data entry experience a plus
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Bilingual and fluency in languages other than English a plus (e.g. Spanish and Mandarin)
Employment Period: Through mid-May 2019
Hours per Week: Average 15 hours per week
Compensation: Prevailing minimum wage
Internships may also be completed for school credit.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with COSS Operations in the subject line. No calls please
The Fresh Air Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with COSS Operations in the subject line. No calls please