Hours per week
30-40 Hours per week
125 Maiden Lane
The intern will help support the work of Hazon’s food and sustainability work through education, action, and advocacy programs that operate in these areas. Some of these programs include: the Hazon Seal of Sustainability - a certification program to support Jewish institutions working to cut their carbon footprint, reduce waste, and promote environmental education; animal welfare and climate change advocacy; and other programming related to Jewish sustainability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Hazon Seal of Sustainability - a food, energy and health audit and certification program
- Writing content for the blog and newsletter
- Updating Hazon Seal technology platform
- Collecting, organizing, and distributing Hazon’s many educational materials and lesson plans.
- Creating materials and coordinating outreach for various Hazon advocacy initiatives, including food and climate change campaigns
- Updating our website’s food and greening pages
- Participating in Hazon’s weekly all-staff meeting and staff learning opportunities
- Other work as needed, complementary to Hazon’s needs and intern’s interests and skills
We are looking for interns with the following skills and qualities:
- Background or interest in advocacy, food, sustainability, and/or Jewish life
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as work collaboratively with a small team
- Comfortable prioritizing multiple tasks, problem solving, and being creative with limited resources
- Strong research skills and an ability to synthesize information into an easily understandable format
- Previous experience in writing and editing, food work, or nonprofit communications a plus
- Experience working with a WordPress or other web platform a plus
How To Apply
· You must be able to commit to 30-40 hours of work per week. You will be expected to be in the New York City office Monday-Thursday, unless otherwise arranged with your supervisor.
· The internships will run from Monday, June 11 to Thursday, August 9.
· Please submit your resume with cover letter, names and contact information of two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the internship as the subject.
· We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the internships are filled. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Hazon. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
· Summer interns will be compensated $1,800 upon completion of the summer.