Stipend available upon completion of internship
Hours per week
20 Jay Street
We're currently hiring SUMMER 2018 interns!
Want to have your finger on the pulse of one of Brooklyn's most exciting neighborhoods? Join our team!
The DUMBO Improvement District is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing and promoting DUMBO, Brooklyn. The BID showcases DUMBO as a world-class destination, advocating on behalf of DUMBO’s businesses, property owners and residents. A critical part of this mission is the programming of DUMBO’s wonderful public spaces; high-quality events and programming draw residents, neighbors, workforce and visitors to the space, enriching the community. (Visit www.dumbo.is to get a sense of what we're all about.)
The DUMBO Improvement District seeks a Summer Events + Marketing Intern who will work directly with the Director of Marketing and Events on marketing all the cool things happening in DUMBO. This includes profiling companies, businesses and residents in the neighborhood, writing articles about neighborhood trends, working on website development, and tackling social media projects on Instagram and Facebook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Responsible and detail oriented;
- Enthusiasm and experience for all things Social Media;
- Experience with website content development and management;
- General knowledge of DUMBO / Brooklyn neighborhood development (or a desire to learn);
- Office experience working at a small nonprofit or startup;
- Events or stage management experience a plus;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Minimum 24 hours per week; office hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm. Additional nights and weekends will be required for special events. Thursday availability 2-9pm mandatory.
FYI, The DUMBO Improvement District hires Marketing + Events interns on a semester basis:
- Summer Session, which runs from June-August (applications taken in April)
- Fall Session, which runs from September-December (applications taken in July)
- Winter/Spring Session, which runs from January - May (applications taken in November)
This internship is unpaid; small stipend upon completion.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and one short, non-academic writing sample (e.g. blog posts) to email@example.com. Specify "Events Intern_YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so submit early!