$14/hour ($15/hour after July 1, 2018)
Hours per week
8-12 hours per week for 1 year
San Francisco Botanical Garden
1199 9th Avenue
The Green Team Intern will work with SF Recreation & Parks horticulturalists to manage regularly scheduled volunteer groups/projects in the Garden. The volunteers involved are collectively known as the Green Team, and they work in groups of 5-10 people. Responsibilities include performing and supervising general horticultural tasks such as: weeding, mulching, soil replenishment, watering, pruning, green waste removal, and planting.
This intern also supports the volunteer program. Responsibilities include: managing and maintaining tools, training new volunteers, and supervising projects. The Green Team intern will be the main point of contact between volunteers and horticulturalists.
- Current enrollment in college studying one of the following disciplines: Horticulture, Botany, Environmental Science, Forestry, Landscape Design, or floriculture
- Completed at least 12 units of study in one of the above disciplines
- Some gardening experience
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude
- Leadership and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of insects, weeds, and plant diseases a plus
- Must be available during at least 2 Green Team sessions (9:30-1:30pm on Tues, Wed, or Thurs, 8:30-12:30 on Sat or Sun)