Social Media Intern
- Internship posted by AFSC (American Friends Service Committee) New York, NY & Newark, NJ
$15.00 per hour, $3,150 total
Hours per week
21 hours per week/ 210 hours total
American Friends Service Committee
15 Rutherford Place
Summary of Principal Responsibilities: The Social Media Intern will work across Immigrant Rights, Prison Watch and Healing Justice programs to publicize programs and activities via social media.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the Social Media Intern include the following:
1. In consultation with staff, create program-specific social media presence
2. Support programs’ legal services, public education and other advocacy work by sharing information on social media
3. Promote programs’ events using social media
4. Inform supporters about programs’ work with end-of summer newsletter
5. Meet regularly with programs’ staff and regional supervisor
6. Present on their internship experience
7. Participate in an exit interview process at the end of the internship
8. Some travel to our Newark office will be required
1. Understanding of and commitment to the principles, concerns, and considerations, of AFSC regarding issues of race, class, nationality, religion, age, gender and sexual orientation, and disabilities. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with diverse staff
2. College or graduate student or recent high school graduate with diploma or GED
3. Strong interest in immigrants’ rights and criminal justice reform.
4. Experience in graphic and/or newsletter design.
5. Proficient with various social media platforms.
6. Ability to translate content into Spanish is a plus.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
1. Review the internship descriptions on this website.
2. Write a letter of interest indicating your preferred position, tying your skills, education and experience with the area in which you want to work.
3. Download the application as a PDF document and open in Adobe reader. Do not open directly from the browser. If you have any trouble please try to open the document in Internet Explorer. If that doesn’t work please email email@example.com
4. Complete the application, and save it as “AFSC Application your name.pdf”.
5. Attach your resume; letter of interest; two references, one personal and one professional (contact information and relationship only) and the completed application to one email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.