Hours per week
This position is full-time and a stipend is provided. Class credit is also available upon request
District of Columbia
The United State of Women is a national organization for any woman who sees that we need a different America for all women to survive and thrive — and wants to work collectively to achieve it. USOW amplifies the work of organizations and individuals at the forefront of the fight for women’s equality, and provides tools, access and connections that help women see and step into their power to break down the barriers that hold women back.
The United State of Women is a part of Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of the nation’s most pressing challenges. With public and private partners, Civic Nation builds tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action. Its other large-scale public awareness and organizing initiatives include the College Promise Campaign, It’s On Us, Reach Higher/Better Make Room, ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Erase the Hate and #VoteTogether.
The United State of Women is seeking an intern to support their small but mighty team on a variety of projects, from contributing to their digital platforms to planning USOW events across the country. The intern’s responsibilities will also include administrative tasks like maintaining the USOW mailboxes and scheduling. The ideal candidate will be passionate about women’s empowerment, enjoy keeping up with the news and social media, and be detail-oriented.
This position is full-time and a stipend is provided. Class credit is also available upon request.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping maintain USOW email inboxes and other correspondence
- Contributing to team projects including in-person events and communications projects
- Contributing to the digital content calendar and email schedule
- Assisting with general website maintenance (Wordpress experience is a plus)
- Scheduling for senior team members
- If intern desired, writing and editing email drafts or blog posts
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Understanding and appreciation of intersectional feminism
- Ability to manage many moving parts and multitask effectively
- Proactive team player who can move projects forward
- Solid understanding of and interest in current events
- Ability to work in a startup, fast-paced environment
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: United State of Women Intern. The position is based in Downtown Washington, DC close to major metro lines.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.