Live Event Production Internship at The Moth
- Internship posted by The Moth/Storyville Center for the Spoken Word
The Moth provides a weekly stipend of $320.
Hours per week
Internships are 32 hours per week and take place at our New York City headquarters during office hours (M-F, 10-6) with occasional hours taking place at events around the city.
75 Broad Street
The Moth helps people connect with their own power as a storyteller, and with one another. Our mission is to honor the diversity and commonality of human experience through the art and craft of storytelling.
Our energetic team is made up of directors and producers, archivists and educators with a passion for stories and community building through storytelling.
The Moth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at The Moth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Moth brings storytelling opportunities to people from a variety of communities. Candidates with a commitment to supporting diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Moth is hiring a Live Event Production Intern to begin in late October of 2018 and complete their cycle in June of 2019. We are looking for applicants with a strong work ethic, a desire to learn new skills in production and a passion for stories and community building through storytelling. Please visit https://themoth.org/careers for a detailed description of this internship.
Applicants must be able to commit to the full eight-month session; we do not accept applications for summer-only interns. Internships are 32 hours per week and take place at our New York City headquarters during office hours (M-F, 10-6) with occasional hours taking place at events around the city. The Moth provides a weekly stipend of $320.
To apply to this internship at The Moth you must do two things:
- Fill out this form (https://themoth.typeform.com/to/KyVNjA). You’ll be prompted to answer a few short questions.
- Send your resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the internship you’re applying to in the subject line.
We will only review complete applications. Applications are due by 11:59pm EST on Friday, October 5th, decisions will be made by Friday, October 19th and the position will begin late October 2018.
- Assisting in the production of our live Mainstage, SLAM and GrandSLAM events, including attendance at at least two StorySLAMs every month
- Entering and organizing all post-production SLAM and Mainstage materials for our CRM database and filing system
- Proofing and assisting in the production of promotional materials and researching further promotional outlets for Mainstages and GrandSLAMs
- Proofing and assisting with promotional materials, calendars and show programs
- Researching potential venues in new and existing StorySLAM Markets and helping facilitate show launches in new cities
- Supporting the office with managing phones, The Moth’s info account, and administrative tasks as needed
- Research projects, as appropriate
- For the right applicant, there will be additional opportunities to sit in on Mainstage rehearsals, to participate in regular strategic meetings about the program, to go on venue site visits, and to be exposed to the Moth’s Community & Education programs.
- A love of The Moth’s work and mission
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or the arts preferred
- Proficiency in Word and Excel; ability to learn CRM Database system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and administrative skills
- Ability to switch between independent and collaborative work
- Creative, self-sufficient and proactive thinker; detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment