Hours per week
10 Hours/Week for at least 3 Months
Twenty Summers is seeking a Marketing and Development (Fundraising) Intern this fall/winter to support the organization in discovering and contacting new potential donors and sponsors, developing existing relationships, grant-writing, assisting in coordinating fundraising events, marketing outreach and social media. We are looking for an organized and self-motivated individual who is seeking a 3 month (or longer) internship experience. Working closely with the Executive Director, this position will provide the intern with a valuable experience working with a nonprofit arts organization on development, outreach, fundraising marketing, donor management, and events.
This is an unpaid, remote internship, and will require approx. 10 hours per week. Ideal candidate can commit to at least 3 months, and be available for weekly or bi-weekly check-ins with director. Course-credit is available for current students.
· Identify, research, and develop new relationships for sponsorship/donations
· Assist Executive Director with grant-writing and applications
· Help create and implement fall fundraising marketing campaign
· Develop innovative ways to effectively engage existing donors and the community
· Manage online database of donors/sponsors and potential donors/sponsors
· Assist with the coordination and planning of any fundraising events
· Help with social media and other marketing efforts
· Must have own computer
· Current college student or recent graduate preferred
· Interest or major/minor in Nonprofit, Fundraising, Arts Administration, Business Development, or Marketing
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Strong organizational skills and self-structured
· Experience with Excel and/or Google Docs
· Familiarity with Salesforce a bonus but happy to teach
· Experience with fundraising or grant-writing a bonus but not required
Note on Location: While our organization is based in Provincetown, all staff and board members work remotely from New York, Maine, and Massachusetts. Applicants are welcome to apply from any location.
About Twenty Summers:
Twenty Summers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization based in Provincetown, Mass, founded to foster public engagement with art and artists, and to honor the legacy of art in Provincetown. From mid-May to mid-June each year, Twenty Summers hosts a month-long festival open to the public, featuring concerts, conversations, classes, and more, in the restored historic Hawthorne Barn. During this time the barn also becomes home to weekly artists in residency who use the barn’s space as was originally intended — to create art.
Highlights of our 2018 season festival include a conversation between performer Alan Cumming and fashion icon Isaac Mizrahi; journalist Jodi Kantor gave us the back story of the investigations that took down Harvey Weinstein and launched the #MeToo movement; authors Michael Cunningham and Daniel Mendelsohn shared their literary inspirations; musicians Dar Williams, Kevin Morby and Overcoats each played and sang to sold-out audiences; and photographer Ryan McGinley transformed the space with an installation of his latest work on global LGBTQ+ equality. You can check out our full list of past events and resident artists here.
- Interns receive 4 tickets to events of their choice during our 2019 spring festival of concerts and conversations next May and June, 2019 in Provincetown, Mass. Check out our 2018 season lineup here!
- This internship will provide the intern with a valuable experience working with a nonprofit arts organization on development, outreach, fundraising marketing, donor management, and events.
- Credit available for current students.
- Training provided as needed