Hours per week
25 hours per week
District of Columbia
The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-profit think tank, seeks a policy outreach intern to join the US Development Policy team at our Washington DC headquarters. The paid position is offered for up to six months, 25 hours a week.
The successful applicant will support CGD's policy engagement with Congress, the Executive Branch, NGOs, and others in the development policymaking community to increase the policy impact of the Center's research. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated to learn from and inform CGD’s outreach and policy program. Excellent written and oral communication skills are crucial to success in this position, as is knowledge of the US political process. S/he will be a quick study with the ability to work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of CGD’s US Development Policy team, the policy outreach intern will have challenging and diverse responsibilities, including:
- Supporting CGD outreach with Congress and the Executive Branch and identifying and building opportunities to inform policy dialogues and outcomes.
- Tracking legislation and member statements.
- Monitoring relevant hearings and events.
- Conducting background research and basic policy analysis.
- Drafting outreach materials, including print and web content.
- Assisting with maintenance of CGD’s contact database.
- Providing occasional support for CGD hosted events.
- Hill, Executive Branch, and/or US-policy oriented NGO experience preferred. Knowledge of US policy process required.
- Individuals possessing both knowledge of economic development and a strong communications background are preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Policy Outreach Intern" in the subject line of email correspondence. No phone calls, please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.