Hours per week
8-16/hr per week
Ninth Street Independent Film Center
145 9th Street
You'll be helping to inspire the next generation of environmental advocates & activists by encouraging participation in our free youth programs. You'll be working with local schools, youth and environmental groups to get the word out and invite participation at the Festival. This is an opportunity to learn more about engaging young people through the Arts.
You’ll be communicating with existing Youth Program partners, and reaching out to new ones, to confirm participation in our free youth events. This includes communication by phone or email, and tracking responses and attendance at events.
You should have good attention to detail and be comfortable reaching out to people - as well as enjoying working with youth!
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Word/Excel or Google Docs/G-Suite.
- Great organization, attention to tracking data & details, and multi-tasking skills.
- An active passion for the environment!
We expect a minimum of 8 - 16 hours per week (one to two days per week) for at least 12 weeks. We can be flexible with the commitment if necessary.
You will be based in our office at the Ninth Street Independent Film Center on 9th St at Mission. We are near Civic Center BART and Market Street MUNI. There is a small stipend available for local travel.
- This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the planning and production of an international film festival and gain expertise in several areas of cultural programming.
- Opportunities to build connections in the Bay Area educational, film, arts, & environmental communities.
- Course credit (if applicable), related majors may include Film/Media Production or Studies, Communications, Hospitality Management, Business or Arts Administration, Environmental Sciences.
- The opportunity to attend Festival screenings and events and to meet visiting filmmakers and guests.
- San Francisco Green Film Festival is an internationally recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
How To Apply
Please apply online at the weblink. There is a short online survey to complete.