Hours per week
10 weeks minimum
901 South Highland Street
The Reception and Placement (R&P) Program Intern provides support to the Refugee Resettlement Department at ECDC, helping with processing activities and researching and producing deliverables to enhance ECDC’s affiliate network capacity to serve clients.
1. Assists in the processing and submission of family reunification applications, including Affidavits of Relationship and Refugee Information Forms.
2. Assists in updating family reunification program training and outreach materials for affiliates.
3. Assists in quality control of case assurances and R&P reports across the ECDC network.
4. Assists in uploading and distributing bios, assurances, and medical information to affiliates.
5. Assists in tracking affiliate performance and caseload trends.
6. Assists in conducting in-house allocation meetings for optimal case placement.
7. Assists in researching and writing processing-related reports.
8. Assists in assessing ECDC’s affiliate network capacity to serve vulnerable refugees, including LGBTI and Women at Risk.
9. Assists in planning and executing training events for affiliate staff, including training for new directors and managers and ECDC’s annual national training for affiliates.
Assigned duties will vary based on intern skills and interests and departmental needs.
- Interest in domestic refugee resettlement and/or refugee and immigration policy issues.
- Sophomore-level standing or higher at college or university. Majors: Political Science, International Relations/Global Studies, Sociology, or similar fields of study.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Online database and/or website skills are a plus.
- Ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines.
ECDC R&P Program Internship-Processing
- Ability to relate professionally to and collaborate with diverse individuals in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to adjust to changing work tasks and priorities.
Internship beginning and ending dates are flexible.
This internship is unpaid. However, ECDC offers a local travel stipend for this position.