2018 Summer Legal Internship Opportunities
- Internship posted by National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit
Hours per week
full or part-time summer internship
1901 N. Fort Myer Drive
The National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit (NCPOFFC) is seeking applicants for summer internships. NCPOFFC provides technical assistance and training on the full faith and credit provision of the Violence Against Women Act, issuance, service, and enforcement of protection orders, enforcement of federal and state firearm prohibitions as they relate to domestic violence, custody provisions in protection orders, and federal domestic violence and stalking crimes. This is a 10-week internship program beginning May 15, 2018 and ending July 31, 2018.
Legal Intern Responsibilities
- Research, analyze, and synthesize statutes and relevant case law.
- Aid in the development of resource materials designed to help allied professionals.
- Participate in training events.
- Assist in the writing and editing of newsletters, publications and other resources.
- Open to all law school students.
- Research and legal writing skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in use of Lexis and other online legal search tools.
- Demonstrated interest in civil and criminal justice issues surrounding intimate partner violence.
- Ability to work with others and independently as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Completed Criminal law and Constitutional law preferred, not required.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether you would like to be considered for a part-time or full-time position. NCPOFFC is flexible in accommodating students’ summer schedule.
How To Apply
Applicants interested should submit their cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
For more information on the National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit, please visit our website at www.fullfaithandcredit.org.