$60/week Food and Travel Stipend
Hours per week
15-20 hours per week
244 Madison Avenue
We are looking for a hardworking, detail-oriented, and ambitious intern to help us begin 2018
Hours: Approx 15 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
Location: Office located 417 5th Ave (Between 37th/38th)
College Credit: We will cooperate with your school to help you attain credit for your internship.
- Should be literate in Microsoft Suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Some experience with website maintenance preferred but not required
- Experienced with general website research
- Familiar and able to update social media (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Social Oomph, etc.)
- Able to assist management staff with daily/periodic projects
- Able to assist management with various aspects of event planning
- Comfortable with general administrative work (Correspondence, filing, answering phones, etc.)
- Able to assist in the development of our membership services, which will be a primary focus for the fall of 2018
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Creative and innovative thinking; able to bring new ideas to our expanding organization
- Able to work well independently
- Pays strong attention to detail
If interested, please send a detailed cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the BCA as the e-mail body and a resume to email@example.com. Internship is unpaid but stipend will be available. Thank you for your interest in working with the BCA Global.
Here is a bit of information about the BCA. In today's changing and challenging environment education will be a minimum requirement to attain career success and advancement in any industry. The same holds true for the culinary and hospitality industry, the largest industry in America today. As the foodservice industry continues to develop, it will depend upon the services of a highly trained workforce. BCA plays an important role in preparing students and professionals of color (Asian-American, Native America, Hispanic, and Black) with the specialized skills needed for this field which translates to social-economic empowerment for themselves and their families. As a key resource to the industry supporting a diverse pool of qualified young people, the BCA creates the opportunity to advance the growth of diversity from a grassroots and foundational level and serves an important niche. That is why BCA strives to increase programs through support so we may continue to provide educational information and industry exposure which will help individuals become valuable employees crucial to the continued growth of the culinary and hospitality industry today and the future. The BCA methodology of bridging foodservice and diversity excellence will also be the strategic platform and vehicle to introduce the importance of food sustainability, waste reduction, and health issues presently not being addressed in urban foodservice and communities.
Please check out our website, www.bcaglobal.org for more information on our organization.
How To Apply
Please send a detailed cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the BCA Global as the e-mail body and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
Candidates will be interviewed only if they have a clear understanding of the mission of the organization.