Environmental Coordinator Position Available in Beautiful Surf Town in Brazil (+ Free Positions Available)
- Internship posted by ETIV do Brasil
Hours per week
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26
Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000
ETIV do Brasil has an Environmental Coordinator position avaialbe to help us identify ways to promote and ensure increased and sustainable environmental conservation in and around Itacaré, Brazil. Our main goal is to develop a new generation of local (Brazilian) youth leaders that will actively care for each-other, their community and the environment. This project will include implementing an educational campaign with fun and interactive trainings and activities to teach children and youth how incredibly important it is to take care of our natural environment and work together to combat global climate change.Volunteers will also have the freedom and flexibility to also focus on a micro project of interest with the community; from recycling to organic gardening, and composting to a possible mangrove restoration project... the possiblities are wide open!
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacaré, Bahia. Our mission is to connect international travelers with meaningful volunteer opportunities to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil. We also provide stunning eco-adventure tours in and around Itacaré as well as cultural education classes including Portuguese, Samba and/or Capoeira classes. Please find us at www.etivdobrasil.org for more information about all of our volunteer opportunities and packages.
• Continue to further develop the environmental trainings and curriculum for local youth
• Supervise, support and facilitate meetings with any other environmental volunteers you may be supporting
• Take attendance, evaluate and document progress and maintain our Environmental project database up to date and organized
• Keep the English materials organized and always put all materials away after every class
• Organize at least one local fundraiser event to help raise money for the Environmental Program budget and/or apply for at least one grant to help us raise more money for the Environmental Program
• Help us recruit more volunteers to support our Environmental Program
• Continuously update and improve upon our Environmental Project Manual for incoming volunteers
• Set up Skype meetings with incoming Environmental volunteers or coordinators
• Fluency in English and intermediate to advanced Portuguese
• 3 months minimum, 4 to 6 months’ time commitment preferred for all coordinators (however we do welcome applications for English volunteers/interns that can only stay 1 to 2 months)
• Strong leadership, social and organizational skills
• Patience, flexibility and punctuality
• Minimum 25 hours of work per week
Prior to arrival, volunteers and interns receive support, our Pre-Departure PowerPoint, a Skype interview and Portuguese audio lessons oncethey are officially signed up with the NGO. We can also organize taxi pickups, housing, project placements and Portuguese lessons with our local instructor before or after arrive.
All volunteers and interns will also receive an Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance, project training and ongoing support and supervision during their volunteer time or internship with the NGO. Those who complete quality work with the NGO can also expect to receive excellent references from the NGO after a job well done.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing supervision for interns and can complete all university documents and evaluations as deemed necessary. Interns can also earn credit by completing a remote/virtual internship with us completely free of charge.