The Dialogue Advisory Group (DAG) is an independent organisation based in Amsterdam that facilitates political dialogue to reduce violence. DAG creates or advances political dialogue between armed groups, governments and international organisations in conflict situations. For more information about DAG’s work, visit our website www.dialogueadvisorygroup.org.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• You have completed, or are in the final stage of acquiring, a relevant graduate degree (or have completed an undergraduate degree and have at least two years of relevant professional experience);
• You are fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic, French, Spanish or Dutch is considered highly advantageous;
• You are motivated and organised, and can work both independently and within a team;
• You are a fast learner, who can absorb and process detailed and complicated information quickly;
• You are sociable and open-minded, and eager to work in a diverse and international office environment;
• You have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A six-month traineeship providing an opportunity to contribute to high-level political dialogue initiatives;
• An informal, engaging, international working environment in an office situated in the centre of Amsterdam;
• Remuneration between €1500 - €2000 gross a month, based on 40 hours per week, depending on professional and academic experiences;
• Potential job-offer after traineeship completion, depending on performance, organisational requirements and resources.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
• You will assist with writing and editing DAG’s project documents, such as project proposals and reports;
• You will assist with the organisation of, and have the opportunity to attend, DAG’s programme activities, including meetings, seminars and mediations;
• You will be responsible for general office and administrative tasks, such as financial project administration;
• You will assist with DAG’s research related to international conflict, human rights and mediation.
How To Apply
• Please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Traineeship 2019” by Friday 14 December 2018 at 17:00 CET;
• Please indicate whether you are already in possession of a valid visa for the Netherlands;
• Interviews will take place between 14 - 25 January 2019, preferred starting date on 1 February 2019;
• References may be requested prior to a contract being offered.
DAG acknowledges the complex and cumulative barriers to accessing jobs in the field of mediation, often based on multiple forms of inequity or discrimination. DAG gives priority to increasing diversity in the field of mediation, and especially encourages women and people from different and multiple marginalised groups (sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, race, religion etc) to apply.